Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Concept Art Project

Color Scheme by Tamara with Values made by Josh

Silhouettes by Tamara

I personally worked on the environment for this project. I was inspired by Waluigi's new daper look. I wanted to create an environment where in which he owned a significant setting from the Mario Bros. series of games. So I found that he was a significant antagonist in Mario Party 3. I painted the castle based off of Peach's castle location in the game and combined concepts from there with Waluigi's island flowers and colors scheme. The mural also contains Princess Daisy rather than Peach because Waluigi supposedly has feelings for Daisy as exhibited in some of the games he's featured in. 
My challenges involved matching line quality, value, and color scheme. I used multiple custom made prushes and patterns along with the generous preset tools offered by Nick. 

Upon critique Nick advised using a haze to distance buildings in the background. That was my primary issue!!! So this advice was greatly appreciated!!!

Character Sheet made by Josh

No comments:

Post a Comment